1st PRIZE $3000.
Great article in Poker Runs America magazine....click here and turn to page 66!
On August 12th, Borden Light Marina will be hosting its 11th annual high-performance Poker Run, located along the eastern shore of Mount Hope in Fall River, MA. Last year we had an excellent turnout of 58 boats that took part in the festivities. See Poker Run Magazine Vol. 19 No.4 For the first time the run will travel thru the ocean on route to its 3rd stop, Newport, RI. In addition, we have raised the winning purse to $3,000.
Two Big Changes for 2017!
1. The run is now open to all vessels with speeds above 55MPH. Bring on the high-performance Center Consoles and see if you can run with the best.
2. We are now going to challenge the open ocean. The course has been extended 8 miles up the West Passage of Narragansett Bay around Jamestown Island and thru the bowels of the Atlantic Ocean. We will then enter Newport Harbor leaving Castle Hill on our starboard side. All of the brave souls taking on the open water will receive one extra card for their hand. The soft soles wishing to bypass the mouth of the Atlantic can duck inside and take the old route.
The run will start promptly at 12:00 noon with a mandatory Captains meeting at 11:30. Participants are welcome to arrive as early as Thursday free of charge on land or in the water. The Travel Lift will be available Friday afternoon and Saturday until 11 am complimentary. This start this year will be filmed as we race past the Battleship Massachusetts and underneath the Braga Bridge. Our 3rd stop we will rendezvous in downtown Newport at West Wind Marina for a buffet lunch and live entertainment. It’s an amazing stop right in the heart of the city and the sailing capital of the world – we drive them crazy!! The final leg is thru Bristol RI and then back to where it all began, The Tipsy Seagull!!! The band will be rocking and the card playing begins at 4:30 with dinner to follow. Dancing, of course, is allowed at any time!!!
- First Prize $3000
- Second Prize $500
- Third Prize Plaque & Gift Certificate
- BEST LOOKING BOAT
- BEST LOOKING CREW
Last Years Winners:
1st place Tyee, aboard Brian McLaughlin’s 42’ Outerlimits, with three aces & two 9’s.
2nd place Bob Sullivan in his 42’ Outerlimits with three 9’s & two aces.
The best part about our event, all the monies raised go to charity. Last year we were able to raise $15,000 for the Fall River Boy’s and Girl’s Club of Fall River! However, there was also a side bet that helped the cause. Larry Hill and his 45’ Cigarette got a new look and a close shave. $3,000 was anteed up to make him shave his beard! Yes, his wife was thrilled. I want to send a tremendous thank you to everyone that participated last year and made it all possible. Please join me and get the word out so our 11th year is even bigger and better.
Myself, Cindy & the Crew at BLM look forward to seeing both new and old friends very soon!
EVERYONE ALWAYS ASKS: HOW CAN WE HELP? ANSWER: SIGN UP EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Francis Marfiyak Jr: Special thanks to Mike at Borden Light Marina for putting together the poker run!
- Poker Run Notice & Registration
- Waiver and safety page will have to be signed by Captain and crew the day of the event.